HMI Repair Center
Human-machine interface (HMI) units are vital to the operations of your machine. HMI units typically have an easy-to-read visual indicator that provides invaluable insights into process performance and productivity. The interface, while still sophisticated, allows simpler control over processes. These visual indicators and controls, in conjunction with alerts and alarms, provide machine operators with the ability to improve efficiency and productivity by identifying and responding to requirements and production issues much more quickly and easily. These efficiencies ultimately will help your bottom line.
Over time, an HMI can show signs that it is starting to fail — and failure of the HMI can lead to critical downtime. It is a best practice to repair an HMI unit before it fails.
Signs that an HMI Unit is starting to fail
- The screen is faded or difficult to read.
- The touchscreen is less responsive or has “dead areas.”
- Abnormalities such as horizontal or vertical lines appear on screen.
- Cable connections are loose.
- Key presses are more difficult.
- The unit does not always start up on the first try.
- The screen flickers.
- The HMI screen or housing is visibly broken or damaged.
Solutions to Your HMI Repair Needs
HMI repair can keep these symptoms from getting worse and causing HMI downtime. What good is an HMI that isn’t responsive or doesn’t work the way it is supposed to? Qualitrol is available to help, with HMI repair services, recertified HMI products and components and remanufactured HMI products, ensuring that your repaired unit operates like new.
Sure, older HMI models can be replaced with newer HMIs, but that is never an easy transition because of two big problems:
- Fitting the new HMI into the hole in the panel
- Porting the program from the old HMI to the new HMI
Neither of these is easy. The best bet is HMI repair that gives your existing unit new life. HMI repair services can:
- Replace damaged touchscreen
- Replace scratched or broken screen
- Replace scratched or damaged overlay
- Replace dim or faded backlights
- Repair functionality of the HMI
- Establish PLC communications
At Qualitrol International, we are experts in components and repair for industrial controls. We’ll restore functionality to like-new or better than new, including for HMI units. We specialize in recertified HMI parts and remanufactured HMI products, with an extensive inventory of top-quality parts that will meet or exceed your expectations.
We maintain a focus on quality by going beyond “used” parts to offer recertified and remanufactured components that will work to the manufacturer’s original specs and provide an extensive service time for the repaired product. This makes our products a cost-effective alternative to full replacement.